Joining Jen for 7 Quick Takes.
2) I shared Lenten Meal Prayers in the post above. I am creating a a poster similar to what we use in Advent, but I can’t share it until Sunday.
3) How is your Lent beginning? Like I mentioned before, I admit to being the Prodigal Son already too many times to count. This is going to be a very long 40 days. And folks, I already have a really hard time getting up in the morning and getting into a good routine. Sunday being the beginning of Daylight Savings Time is just going to kill me.
And do you find that God always sends His personalized Lenten penance for you? Yeah, it’s always a doozy, custom fitted and tough penance. Considering it all joy!
5) We enjoyed family movie night with my MIL watching “The Court Jester” with Danny Kaye. Even though I have seen this movie dozens of times it still makes me laugh out loud. The script is so clever! Why don’t they make movies like this anymore? And there is no one like Danny Kaye.
6) For Christmas I requested a popcorn maker to get my family off microwave popcorn. (This article includes the reasons.) My husband was dubious, so he went with the less expensive option, West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper. We use tasteless Spectrum coconut oil, as we can’t use butter because of food allergies. This has been the most popular gift of Christmas, and the gift that keeps giving. My husband is firmly convinced. We will never go back to microwave, and he thinks it is even easier to use than those bags.
The irony is I don’t even like popcorn! I rarely eat it.
7) I ordered some new items to refresh our pysanky supplies. My husband and sons are itching to start again. I’m eager, too. Next week will be more outdoor walking to enjoy the warmer weather, and pysanky for quiet work.
See Jen for other 7 Quick Takes.